Sunday, December 28, 2014

NEW YEAR'S SEQUINS

New Year's eve is just few days away but since this autumn has been so so so busy, I didn't have time to stop and realize that all the stores are full of sequins and shiny jewellery for the Christmas and New Year's period! 

I really love Christmas as a celebration as it unites families and allows them to sit down by the same table and spend much needed quality time together. Nevertheless, Russians do not celebrate Christmas the same way as Finns, for example. To Russians it's all about the New Year's eve, about leaving the old stuff behind and opening a blank page in the calendar for the upcoming year. 

New Year has always fascinated me and brought to me the feeling of magic. Russians say that the upcoming year depends on how you greet it, meaning that if you have a fantastic New Year's celebration and you greet the New Year with a happy smile, you will make sure your upcoming year will bring lots of those happy smiles. I know it sounds silly, but I have always kind of trusted in this old belief and that is why this year is no exception: I want to celebrate it fancy dressed, surrounded by good company and with lots of laughing. Since I love everything that sparkles, there is no better colour that sequins. And yes, as a good friend of mine would say: "sequins indeed is a colour of its own!" 

I want to welcome the Year 2015 with excitement and sparkles as I have no idea where it will lead me next! Wishing you all the best of luck to the upcoming adventures! Remember to dress properly! 
Pics from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment