Friday, October 24, 2014

HALLOWEEN TIPS

Halloween is just behind the corner and it's time to start deciding what to wear! I usually don't get excited about costume parties but this year I decided I could actually wear something appropriate for the event! 

There are different opinions whether Halloween is about scary costumes or just whatever costumes. Since I was asked to tell you my own Halloween tips - excluding the dead bride look - I picked the options that I am considering myself for the next week's celebrations. 

1. Reindeer 

While searching for cool pics I saw quite fascinating ones with antlers. (Fascinating is the only word that describes my reaction!) Isn't it evident that on Halloween everyone should be reindeers?! Haha, when talking about antlers I just think of the murders in the True Detective.... Never mind if you haven't seen the series! Anyhow, I found this as very potential idea for my own Halloween outfit! The antlers can be done from wooden sticks or even foil works for this! And the makeup doesn't look too complex if you just have the right material prepared. 










2. Marilyn 

If you have short blond hair, as I do, then going for Marilyn should be a very doable option! I'd love to look fancy even on Halloween so if I don't come up with any freakish option then I'll go for this rather safe one. Though, I am not sure how much Marilyn is Halloween. Well, nowadays I am not even sure there are any rules for the Halloween costumes! This only requires red lipstick and a cocktail dress! oh and the hair. Which can also be corrected with a wig. Two options with Marilyn look: Dead or Alive 


3.  The Prisoners 

Are you going somewhere as a couple? Nothing is as cheesy as matching outfits. Even if it's Halloween. However, this is super easy option and this is always a classic one! Walk into the first cheap store like H&M, Pull&Bear, etc and get a striped tee, black hat and black gloves. Probably it will look better if the pants are also black and not the regular jeans (unless they're black) so if you go with this option, try to replicate each piece from the pic below. The masks can probably be cut from black cardboard and tied with rubber band. 


4.  Barbie and Ken 

I mean like HOW COOL WOULD THIS BE?! Haha, I am laughing out loud when even thinking about my darling in a costume like this!  I could definitely pull off an 80's bright jumpsuit but I'm not sure my beibs would go for a turquoise hawaiian shirt! I'll have to think on this cause this would be a super duper option! Yammee! 


5.  The Skeleton 

I know it's usually the evident option but if you are good with makeup then you definitely will stand out in the crowd even if you are wearing just a black dress. This is also available in the couples option! 


Pics from Pinterest

Have you already decided what you are going to be on Halloween? Let me know, I'm curious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment