Tuesday, July 1, 2014

MAXI DRESSES

Every girl should own at least one maxi dress in their closer. They are incredibly versatile and with few changes that one dress can fit several occasions. 

Combine the dress with statement necklace to make the outfit fancy or throw a jeans jacket on to make the outfit more relaxed. I would usually probably combine with something fancy (like bright lipstick or statement jewellery) and make it laid-back with a casual jacket. 

Usually maxi dresses are seen worn with flats instead of high heels. Yet I believe it is a question of personal preference. I myself prefer flats with maxis! 
 

Pics from Pinterest

How to create the look?

Most shops sell basic maxis especially during summer. I would suggest to pick a dress with only one or two colours in it since then it leaves you multiple options concerning the things to combine with maxi. 

If you're not too afraid of colours, try combining pink and red. It's not the most obvious combination but it actually works great together. I would combine red flats with bright red lipstick. I would propose to add a little bit of blue (either bright or the shade of the combo below, up to you!)

 To make the combo more relaxed I would put a summerish stetson and simple necklace with some black and gold (to match the stetson). Though then I would leave the blue parts out. I would still add the blue shades to bring another focus colour in otherwise "classy" combo.

Here's what I propose. Let me know what you think! 

If you live in Finland you can also directly check the shops' links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment