Tuesday, July 8, 2014

RED WALLS

I can't say red is my favourite colour yet it definitely is a colour I would pick to add dramatic atmosphere in the room. 

Now that I think about it, red is one of the biggest design elements in our own home. We have humongous red carpet and several other objects to tie the entity together. In kitchen,  we have red chairs and red kitchen lamp. We also use other small decorative red elements through out the whole apartment. Even our kitchen painting has red borders. Just realized that! It sounds like too much red but we have combined it with elements of pure white, black and gold. The combo might be too Russian for somebody but we find it really cosy and it definitely feels like our home. I assure you, it's all in balance! 

Concerning red as interiors choice, I see it perfectly fine in kitchen. Even in bedroom I think red focus walls can be really chic (or not). However, I am totally in love with full-red bathrooms. Especially the first picture is absolutely gorgeous. And of course I would have also the crystal chandelier to ad chic to the entity! I was just about to say that I would have to negotiate with my darling but then I realized that red is his favorite colour and it would be absolutely no problem to add just a little bit more of that colour to our home! 

Pics from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment