Wednesday, July 9, 2014

POLKA DOTS

Polka dots have been back to business for a while now. I never understood the whole buzz around polka dots since they remind me of childhood summers spent at my grandparents in Ukraine. Put in other words, I totally did not find them fashionable. In ANY way. 

I  was living with this mindset for years. Until I suddenly, totally accidentally, found a cute polka dot blouse in a tiny boutique in France.  I never thought I would own one but for some reason I totally adored the red blouse with white and black dots. I remember thinking that "I will never use this anywhere". However, I was totally wrong, both about not using the blouse and polka being only a bad memory from childhood. 

Since I had seen so many seriously bad version of polka dots (imagine Russian Babushka  in Ukrainian countryside), I never thought it would become a fashion trend, not to mention an active piece in my own wardrobe!

Pics from Pinterest

How to create the look? 

Decide which piece is the one with dots.If you go with pants or skirt, combine the outfit with simple top or fluffy blouse. Since the dots are so "in your face" try avoiding the other piece being too busy. Always aim for balance in the outfit.

I would propose a combo where the dotted piece is the blouse. Combine it with simple skirt or pants. My proposition is to combine it with jeans skirt to make the look very laid back and relaxed. Since I like bold statements in my outfits, I would myself combine this outfit with red heels and red lips. Red lipstick is also easily replaced by red clutch!

You can always play with jewellery as well. Add gold statements if you want to aim for more glam Riviera style! 


No comments:

Post a Comment