Tuesday, August 12, 2014

CRYSTAL CHANDELIERS

I grew up  in a home where crystal chandelier decorated our living room for as long as I remember. It was so simple and elegant and even when after years it started falling apart crystal by crystal, I still deeply loved it and didn't want to throw it away. With Mom we would stitch together the hanging circles (that worked as basis of the chandelier) with all sorts of tricks.

Nowadays crystal chandeliers are not only those old fashioned and bling-bling Russian tacky versions. Check out the photos below and pay attention on how even very traditional chandelier can work well in both classy, rustic and minimalistic rooms. Of course the chandelier changes the atmosphere yet I believe that's the whole point. By adding a super-duper classic crystal chandelier into a very otherwise different interior, you can create a fantastic combo that fascinates and states brave and bold combo. 

When we moved in our present home I said to my darling: "The only lamp that is gonna hang from our ceiling is a chandelier". I really wanted to add the sparkle of crystals. I got through with my wish but I had to choose a very modern version that felt manly enough for my beibs. I'm still deeply satisfied by the fact that I have one!  

Oh and you asked what happened to the chandelier at my childhood home? It's still there! Unfortunately not hanging anymore from the ceiling but we have packaged it in a box and put aside, not wanting to throw it away. Maybe one day it will be my new project to disassemble it and re-gather it with new pieces. 




Pics from Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading.
    Large Crystal Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete