Tuesday, August 19, 2014

FLORALS

My love for florals is not that old. In a way florals remind me of my childhood summers in Crimea (same issue with polka dots). I have never seen as many tacky combos as there. I have no idea how their sense of style can be that different from mine. Or half Europe, for that matter. 

Florals are like leopard print, it can look either really fantastic and chic.... Or absolutely horrible cheap crap. Especially now that floral is so trendy and it can be found almost in each store, there is a wide variety where to choose from. 

Helsinki is cooling down after a hot summer yet I am not ready to hide florals in the closet. Even though I consider florals mostly as summer pattern, I do have some really cute florals that match perfectly the chill autumn evenings as well. I could easily wear a long-sleeve floral shirt with a classical camel trench coat and a stetson. Booyaah! That would be hot. 

Pics from Pinterest

How to create the look? 

Since I am not ready to quit summer yet, I am proposing something that is still wearable even though it's not that summerish outside anymore. 

I have come across several outfits where florals are combined with stripes and it looks quite amazing! Pattern on pattern, hah? I almost did a floral-stripe combo of my own but changed my mind in the end. For my combo I took as basis a floral shirt and decided to pair it with pants. I took the colour for them from the flowers. Which btw do not even look like flowers! Anyways, out of green and orange I went for the latter so I could add in the combo some splash of blue. Light coloured jacket is a good way to balance the outfit. And keep you warm. 

Other options would be to go with floral dress and bright jacket or floral skirt and striped tee. 


Mango Blouse // Mango Pants // Asos Bag // Asos Blue Heels // H&M Rings //  Mango Necklace // Zara Biker Jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment